- 6 medium size potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 70g unsalted butter, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in oil, drained and roughly flaked
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons grated Tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Step 1Steam or boil the potatoes until tender. Mash the potatoes along with the milk, 50g butter, salt and pepper, then set aside, cover and keep warm.
- Step 2Meanwhile, melt the remaining 20g butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the leek, carrot and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for another 1 minute.
- Step 3Stir in the cream. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add the tuna, corn, peas, 2 tablespoons cheese, parsley, salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Step 4Preheat grill on high. Transfer tuna mixture to a 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Top the tuna mixture with the mashed potato and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Place pie under preheated grill for 2 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve with a simple salad.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kate Murdoch
- Image credit: Oliver Ford
- Publication: Taste.com.au