- 3 medium (600g) sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 30g butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 720g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, chopped
- 150g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- Step 1Place potato in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash. Add butter, milk and two-thirds of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add pasta sauce, celery, broccoli and corn. Stir to combine. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add basil and tuna. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Step 3Preheat grill on medium. Divide tuna mixture between four 1 1/2 cup-capacity ramekins. Top with mashed potato. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes or until potato is golden and cheese has melted. Serve.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Super saver: Replace celery, broccoli and corn kernels with 1 1/2 cups frozen pea, carrot and corn mix and save around $2.15 in total.
- Author: Donna Boyle
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas