- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 (175g each) tuna steaks (see note) salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Cook eggplant for 5 minutes or until soft and light golden. Add onion and celery. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Step 2Add tomatoes, capers, vinegar, sugar and rosemary. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until tomato has softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook tuna for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Serve tuna with caponata and salad leaves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
You could use swordfish or barramundi steaks instead of tuna.
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas