- 1 medium (about 300g) orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 425g can tuna chunks in brine, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 25g (1/4 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 crusty bread rolls
- Step 1Cook the sweet potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 7-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Step 2Use a potato masher or fork to mash the sweet potato until coarsely mashed. Add the tuna, egg and breadcrumbs, and stir until well combined. Season with pepper. Divide the tuna mixture into 8 equal portions. Use wet hands to shape portions into 8cm patties.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove from heat. Divide among serving plates and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with bread rolls.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste