- 1 quantity fresh wholemeal pasta (see related recipe)
- 425g can tuna in olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Step 1Make pasta (see related recipe). Dust 1 sheet of pasta with flour. Loosely fold into a 20cm rectangle. Using a ravioli wheel cutter or pizza cutter, cut pasta into 2.5cmwide strips. Gently shake pasta to unravel. Repeat with remaining pasta sheets.
- Step 2Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 4 minutes or until tender. Carefully drain. Return to saucepan.
- Step 3Drain and flake tuna, reserving 2 tablespoons oil. Combine reserved oil, vinegar and sugar in a jug. Add tuna, tomato, basil and oil mixture to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve topped with parmesan.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
You could use the pasta machine to make fettuccine. Cut 1 pasta sheet in half crossways. Set machine to fettuccine setting. Feed through pasta sheet. Lightly dust fettuccine with flour to prevent it sticking together. Repeat with remaining pasta sheets.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas