- 100g bought chargrilled capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 50g semi-dried tomatoes
- 125g (1/2 cup) good-quality whole-egg mayonnaise
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (about 200g each, 2cm-thick) tuna steaks
- 290g (1 1/2 cups) couscous
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) boiling water
- 80g (1/2 cup) currants
- 65g (1/2cup) toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- Step 1Place the capsicum, tomatoes and mayonnaise in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Combine the garlic and 2 teaspoons of the oil in a small bowl. Brush tuna with garlic oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add tuna and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water and remaining oil while stirring with a fork. Cover and set aside for 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains. Add the currants, almonds, coriander, mint and lemon rind. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Divide the couscous among serving plates. Top with tuna and a dollop of capsicum mayonnaise to serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: William Meppem
- Publication: Australian Good Taste