- 500g turkey mince
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 18 round rice paper sheets
- Step 1Heat a large, non-stick pan over high heat. Add turkey and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Cool.
- Step 2Meanwhile, trim lemongrass and remove tough outer leaves until you have just the tender white part of the stalk. Chop finely. Put lemongrass, shallots, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, garlic, lime zest, juice and mint in a bowl.
- Step 3Add turkey mince and mix until well combined. Check seasoning and add a little more fish sauce if desired. Divide mixture into 18 equal portions.
- Step 4Soak a sheet of rice paper in a large bowl of warm water until soft. Remove sheet from water and place on work surface. Place a portion of the turkey mince at one end and top with a little lettuce. Roll up tightly to enclose filling, folding in sides as you go. Transfer roll to a platter and cover with a damp cloth to keep moist.
- Step 5Repeat with remaining rice paper and filling. Serve immediately, with extra sweet chilli sauce on the side.
Tip: The filling can be made in advance, but rolls are best made and served immediately.
- Author: Jess Sly
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Fresh Living