- 1kg potatoes (such as pontiac or desiree), cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 2 small dried red chillies
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup (80ml) peanut oil
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 800g white fish fillets (such as flathead or ling)
- Tzatziki, to serve
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Step 2Toss the potatoes in a bowl with the garlic and 1 teaspoon each of cumin, turmeric and black mustard seeds, then add the chillies, juice and half the peanut oil.
- Step 3Season with salt and pepper. Spread on a large baking tray and roast for 40 minutes, turning occasionally, until crisp and golden.
- Step 4Mix together the flour, remaining spices, and some salt and pepper, then dust the fish fillets with the mixture. Heat the remaining oil in a frypan over medium heat and fry the fish for 2-3 minutes each side until golden.
- Step 5Serve with the spicy potatoes and some tzatziki.
- Diabetes friendly
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Taste.com.au