- 750ml Massel beef style liquid stock
- 750ml (3 cups) boiling water
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 250g pkt dried rice stick noodles
- 250g beef fillet steak
- 1 small brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 2/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 150g bean sprouts
- 1-2 small fresh red chillies, finely sliced
- Step 1Combine the stock, water and ginger in a large saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Stir in the fish sauce and lemon juice.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 3 minutes or until soft. Drain. Divide among serving bowls.
- Step 3Use a sharp knife to cut the beef across the grain into very thin slices. Arrange the beef slices and onion over the noodles.
- Step 4Remove the pan from the heat. Ladle the hot soup over the beef, onion and noodles (the hot soup cooks the beef). Top with the coriander leaves, bean sprouts and chillies. Serve immediately.
- High carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
Low FODMAP diet tip: Make this a Low FODMAP recipe by omitting onion.
- Author: Kerrie Mullins
- Image credit: Con Poulos
- Publication: Australian Good Taste