- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 stem lemon grass, pale section only, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 600g basa fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Cook the lemon grass, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the curry powder and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Step 2Add the coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Step 3Add fish and broccoli. Cook for 3 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Stir in sugar and fish sauce. Top with coriander. Serve with rice.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
With a twist: To make this vegetarian, replace chicken stock with vegetable stock. Replace fish with 2 x 300g packets firm tofu, cut into 4cm pieces. Omit fish sauce.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste