- 200g (1/2 pkt) rice stick noodles
- 1 large (about 350g) green (unripe) mango
- 2 large (about 400g) carrots
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 100g bean sprouts
- 70g baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 1/3 cup firmly packed coriander leaves
- 300g peeled cooked large prawns
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Step 1Place rice stick noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to soak. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cut cheeks from mangoes close to the seed and peel away skin. Peel carrots and cut into lengths small enough to fit sideways in the feed tube of a food processor. Use grater attachment to grate mango and carrot into long shreds and place in a bowl. Add capsicum, bean sprouts, spinach leaves and coriander.
- Step 3To make the dressing, combine boiling water and sugar in a jug, and stir until dissolved. Add lime juice, vinegar, fish sauce, sambal oelek and garlic. Whisk to combine. Add noodles and prawns to the carrot mixture. Pour over the dressing, then use clean hands or 2 large metal spoons to toss gently until just combined. Serve immediately.
- High carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
Prep: 15 mins (+ 10 mins soaking time) If green mangoes are unavailable, you can use the same quantity of green papaya or pawpaw instead.
- Author: Jan Purser
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste