- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 500g thick pork sausages
- 6 long crusty rolls
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 small carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup small fresh coriander sprigs
- Step 1Combine sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and lime juice in a bowl.
- Step 2Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add sausages. Cook, turning, for 12 to 15 minutes or until browned all over and cooked through. Transfer to a board. Slice diagonally. Add sausage to sauce mixture in bowl, turning to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
- Step 3Cut a slit in each roll, being careful not to cut the whole way through. Divide lettuce between rolls. Top with sausage mixture, carrot and cucumber. Drizzle with remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Tracey Meharg
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas