- 1 medium red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, thickly sliced
- 4 small roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup balsamic dressing (see note)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup dried risoni pasta
- 425g can tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 75g baby spinach
- 75g low-fat feta, crumbled
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Combine capsicum, tomato, onion, chilli, thyme and 1 tablespoon dressing in a large baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat. Roast vegetables for 30 minutes, adding olives for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 3Combine vegetables, pasta, tuna, spinach and remaining dressing in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with fetta.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
If you prefer to make your own dressing, try one of these:
Honey mustard dressing: Combine 2 teaspoons of honey wholegrain mustard with 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Whisk well in a jug or shake in a screw-top jar.
Red wine vinegar dressing: Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon caster sugar and 1 garlic clove, crushed, in a screw-top jar. Shake well.
Take advantage of the season and add 1 large zucchini, thickly sliced diagonally, to the roasting pan.
Prepare in advance: Make salad until the end of step 1. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Remove from fridge 20 minutes before using.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Craig Wall & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas