- 300g dried pasta spirals
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 425g can tuna packed in oil, drained and gently broken into chunks
- 1 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread, to serve
- 80mls (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, until al dente. Drain and rinse well under cold running water, toss with the olive oil and store in an airtight container in fridge until ready to serve.
- Step 2To make dressing, place olive oil, lemon juice and mustard in a small screw-top jar and shake well.
- Step 3To serve, place cooked pasta in a large heat-resistant bowl and cover with boiling water. Stir briefly to heat through. Drain and return to the bowl. Add the tuna, chickpeas, capers, onion, tomatoes and pepper. Toss to combine. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently. Serve with crusty bread.
All nutrition values are per serve
Cook pasta up to 3 days ahead and the dressing up to 1 day ahead. Store in airtight containers in fridge or in cooler bag.
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Publication: Australian Good Taste