- 1 375g pkt fresh fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400g fresh scallops without roe, dark vein removed
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 large bunch (50g) rocket, ends trimmed, washed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 bunch chives, snipped into 2cm lengths
- 2 fresh red birdseye chillies, finely chopped
- Step 1Cook the fettuccine in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes or according to packet directions until al dente. Drain well and rinse under cold running water. Transfer to a large bowl and add 2 tablespoons of the oil. Toss to coat.
- Step 2While fettuccine is cooking, place scallops, lemon rind and garlic in a bowl. Toss to combine. Heat remaining oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. Add the scallop mixture and cook, tossing occasionally, for 1-1 1/2 minutes or until scallops are light golden and flesh turns white. Remove pan from heat and add the lemon juice. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Add feta, rocket, chives, chillies and scallop mixture to fettuccine. Use 2 large spoons or tongs to gently toss until combined. Serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Dimitra Stais
- Image credit: Con Poulos & John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste