- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon bought minced chilli
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 24 green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact
- 700g seedless watermelon, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 bunch watercress, sprigs picked, washed, dried
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, extra, shredded
- Step 1Place the honey, soy sauce, oyster sauce, oil, fish sauce, chilli, ginger and lime leaves in a glass or ceramic bowl. Stir to combine. Add the prawns and stir to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Step 2Drain the prawns, reserving the marinade. Place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Step 3Heat a chargrill or large frying pan over high heat. Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes each side or until prawns curl and change colour. Add the prawns to the marinade. Toss to coat.
- Step 4Divide the watermelon among serving plates. Top with the prawns, watercress, onion and extra lime leaves to serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
Place watercress in iced water to refresh while you prepare this recipe.
- Author: Gemma Luongo
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste