- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 500g tuna, skin removed, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/3 cup loosely packed finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 20 yellow witlof leaves
- Step 1Place sesame seeds in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Step 2Combine the tuna, chives, ginger, soy sauce, mirin and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Step 3Arrange witlof on a platter. Spoon tuna mixture into witlof. Serve immediately.
Prepare this recipe to the end of step 2 up to 3 hours ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Continue from step 3, 15 minutes before serving starter. Transport tip: Store the tuna mixture and witlof leaves in separate airtight containers in a cooler bag or esky. Assemble at destination.
- Author: Rodney Dunn
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste