- 200g dried angel hair pasta
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 5 (about 1kg) zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons currants
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 drained anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, extra
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of the oil. Toss to combine.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir in the zucchini, garlic, currants, pine nuts and anchovy for 5-6 minutes or until the zucchini is just tender.
- Step 3Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Brush salmon with extra oil. Season. Cook, skin-side down, for 5 minutes. Turn and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked.
- Step 4Add the zucchini mixture, basil and lemon juice to the pasta mixture. Toss to combine. Serve with salmon.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
For Christmas: For a fabulous seafood starter, make a double batch, then flake the salmon and toss it through the pasta.
For Midweek: Serve generous platefuls of pasta mixture and top with the salmon.
- Author: Leanne Kitchen
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste